High Rate Savings Account
Are saving for the short or long term
Want your savings to work harder
Don't make many debit transactions
Put your global financial goals in closer reach with an HSBC High Rate Savings Account.
Key features and benefits
- No minimum balanceYou don't have to have a minimum amount in your account to get a great high interest savings rate.
- Free fund transfersTransfer funds between your HSBC High Rate Savings Account and your other HSBC accounts for free.
- Many ways to access your fundsAccess your savings account online, by phone, and at thousands of HSBC Bank Canada and THE EXCHANGE® network ATMs across Canada and around the world.
- No monthly feesYou don't have to pay administration fees either, so more of your savings stay in your account.
Open an account
New to HSBC?
You can apply for a High Rates Savings Account online if you:
- are a new HSBC Bank Canada customer
- are applying for a sole account only
- are at least 18 years old
- have a Canadian residential address
What you'll need to applyExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Already have an HSBC account?
It’s quick and easy to open a High Rate Savings Account. Simply log on to Online Banking select “Open New Account” and follow the instructions.
If you're an existing customer, but have not registered for Personal Internet Banking, you can register here.
Regular Savings Accounts in CAD and foreign currencies (U.S., Euro, Swiss, British, Japanese) and Investment Savings Accounts are no longer offered by HSBC. For information on any of these accounts, call us at
1-888-310-4722 or visit your local branch.