Two great investment offers.
You strive for flexibility and growth in everything you do! Why not take the same approach to investing? At HSBC, we believe in providing you with investment options you can access anywhere, anytime. That’s why we’re presenting two great investment offers that you can redeem through online investing or in a branch. Get one step closer to your financial wellness and invest now.
Choose the Bonus Offer that meets your needs, or get both!
Long Term Investing Offer: Enjoy a bonus up to $1,250‡ when you transfer your RRSP, TFSA, RRIF or non-registered funds from your HSBC account or any other financial institution and invest in a wide range of HSBC Mutual Funds1 or an HSBC World Selection® Portfolio2 account with HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (HIFC)3.
|Investment Amount||Bonus Amount‡
|$10,000 to $19,999.99
|$20,000 to $29,999.99
|$30,000 to $49,999.99
|$50,000 to $99,999.99
|$100,000 or more
$10,000 to $19,999.99
$20,000 to $29,999.99
$30,000 to $49,999.99
$50,000 to $99,999.99
$100,000 or more
Limited time offer until May 4, 2020. Terms and Conditions apply.
‡ Your eligibility for the Bonus Offer, including the payment of the Bonus Amount, is subject to the Qualifications and Other Conditions under the Bonus Offer Terms and Conditions. All amounts indicated are in Canadian dollars. Please read the Terms and Conditions for complete details.
What are the eligible HIFC accounts I can transfer and invest my money in?
- HSBC Investment Funds Non-Registered.
- HSBC Investment Funds RRSP (including Spousal RRSP).
- HSBC Investment Funds TFSA.
- HSBC Investment Funds RRIF.
- HSBC World Selection Portfolio Non-Registered.
- HSBC World Selection Portfolio RRSP (including Spousal RRSP).
- HSBC World Selection Portfolio TFSA.
- HSBC World Selection Portfolio RRIF.
In addition, you can open and invest in the following HIFC accounts online through HSBC Wealth Compass™:
- HSBC Investment Funds Non-Registered (personal sole accounts only).
- HSBC Investment Funds RRSP.
- HSBC Investment Funds TFSA.
When must I transfer and invest my money by?
- Complete and provide us the Bonus Offer form and, if applicable, the transfer in authorization or transaction form by May 4, 2020 to any of these eligible HIFC accounts and you’ll be eligible to receive our special bonus‡.
- Any Transfer-In Amount from an external financial institution must be received by HIFC and invested by June 1, 2020.
- The Investment Amount must remain invested in each applicable Bonus Eligible Account until at least May 3, 2021 (inclusive).
Am I able to withdraw any of my money during the Offer Period?
- From December 2, 2019, to May 3, 2021 (inclusive), any withdrawals/transfers out from any of the Bonus Eligible Accounts where the transfer amount was invested will decrease this amount by the amount withdrawn/transferred, and may lower the Bonus Amount.
How is the Bonus Amount calculated?
- We group together all amounts invested in HIFC non-registered accounts and calculate the Bonus Amount against the net total Investment Amount at the end of the Offer Period.
- For amounts invested in registered accounts, we pay the Bonus Amount against the amount invested in each registered account.
Are HSBC Money Market Funds eligible for this bonus offer?
- For HSBC Investment Funds accounts, none of the investments you make as part of this Bonus Offer can be used to purchase units of the HSBC Canadian Money Market Fund or the HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund.
Can I combine the Regular Investing Offer with this offer?
- Yes, both offers can be combined. You can use the Investment Amount from this offer to qualify as your minimum Investment Amount for the Regular Investment Bonus Offer provided the Account is the same. You will need to meet all other conditions for both offer to qualify for both bonuses.
Long Term Investing Offer: Bonus up to $1,250Expanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Regular Investing Offer: $200 BonusExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Why invest with HSBC?
Invest online, anytime
Get a personalized recommendation to invest online in low-cost funds with HSBC Wealth Compass.
Wide range of investment solutions
From all-in-one, diversified managed solutions to mutual funds offering higher, predictable, monthly cash flows, we’ve got you covered.
Invest with confidence
With on-the-ground expertise in over 26 countries, HSBC is ideally placed to offer you unique global investment opportunities.
Multiple ways to get started.
See how easy it is.
Discover what type of investor you are and get a recommendation to invest with HSBC Wealth Compass.
† Offered by HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (“HIFC”). Total maximum combined bonus available of $1,450 if you meet all eligibility requirements for both Bonus Offers. Please read the Terms and Conditions for complete details. Offers end May 4, 2020.
1 AMCA is the manager and primary investment advisor for the HSBC Mutual Funds. HIFC is the principal distributor of the HSBC Mutual Funds and offers the HSBC Pooled Funds through the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. HSBC Mutual Funds are also distributed through authorized dealers. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus and Fund Facts before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed or covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, HSBC Bank Canada, or any other deposit insurer. The net asset values of all mutual funds, including the HSBC Mutual Funds, change frequently and any past performance may not be repeated. For money market funds, there can be no assurances that such funds will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you.
2 HSBC World Selection® Portfolio is a portfolio investment service offered by HIFC. In this service, a client’s assets are invested in model portfolios. Each model portfolio is comprised of investments in HSBC Pooled Funds, which are mutual funds managed by AMCA and distributed by HIFC. AMCA provides discretionary investment management services to the portfolios in the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, investment management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments in the HSBC Pooled Funds and/or the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. Please read the applicable account opening documentation associated with HSBC World Selection Portfolio, the prospectus and Fund Facts of the HSBC Pooled Funds in which investment may be made under HSBC World Selection Portfolio service before applying for the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. The HSBC World Selection Portfolio service and the HSBC Pooled Funds are not guaranteed or covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, HSBC Bank Canada, or any other deposit insurer or financial institution, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. For money market funds, there can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you.
3 HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (“HIFC”) is a direct subsidiary of HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada) Limited (“AMCA”) and an indirect subsidiary of HSBC Bank Canada, and provides its services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island. AMCA is a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada.
All products and services of HIFC and AMCA are only available for sale to residents of Canada, unless the laws of a foreign jurisdiction permit sales to its residents. Please contact your HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor for more details. The details of these Bonus Offers should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy products or services to any person in a jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is considered unlawful.
References to the ‘HSBC Group’ are references to HSBC Holdings PLC, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. HSBC Holdings PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales under Company Register Number 617987 and with its registered office at 8, Canada Square, London, England E14 5HQ.